Head of Compliance
Consultant Michael Nolan
Date posted 29 May 20192019-05-29 2019-07-28 financial-services Dublin Dublin IE EUR 60000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An Investment Management company expanding their Dublin office is looking to hire a Head of Compliance. While the firm already has a significant presence in Ireland across product management and IT, this is a new role to support the firm’s authorisation in Ireland with the central bank.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain relationships between Compliance, sales and investment teams and other company departments
- Perform investment compliance monitoring, analysis and reporting utilizing the Bloomberg system and other firm wide IT systems
- Encourage a positive and pro-active compliance culture within the company with a business supportive professional approach
- In line with the compliance monitoring program, perform compliance monitoring and analysis as well as undertake appropriate reporting
- Ensure that appropriate regulatory policies and procedures are in place and understood by business units and stay abreast of new EU and Irish regulatory requirements
- Provide management information
- Bring to the attention of management any areas where there is perceived regulatory risk and work with colleagues to resolve issues
- Develop expertise on the company’s investment activities
- Liaise with the Board of the Company and provide compliance and AML reporting
- Ensure that all required filings with the Central Bank of Ireland are kept up to date
As the Head of Compliance, you will likely be educated to degree level (or equivalent) or alternatively with a relevant qualification in Compliance. Significant experience working in a compliance role in a financial services firm preferably in investment management. A track record of successful implementation of regulatory compliance frameworks and policies. Knowledge of Bloomberg AIM advantageous. Understanding of UCITS and AIFMD and MIFID required. Proactive team player with strong interpersonal skills. Good organisational and analytical skills combined with innovative thinking. Ability to interrogate systems to obtain information and run reports. Able to work effectively with senior management to facilitate the development of business initiatives and implementation.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Head of Compliance to join a successful organisation based in Dublin
If you are interested in the Head of Compliance role, please apply today or contact Michael Nolan on the details provided for more information.