Deputy Head of Compliance
Salary €50,000 - €75,000 per annum + Competitive
Consultant Derek Young
Date posted 07 February 2019 2019-02-072019-04-05 financial-services Dublin Dublin IE EUR 50000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie
A commercial lending bank located in the Dublin city centre is seeking to hire a Deputy Head of Compliance. The Deputy Head will report into the Head of Group Compliance and will assist in managing compliance risk within the group. Key areas covered; AML, Financial Sanctions, Data Protection and Market Abuse among other regulatory requirements.
Core responsibilities of the Deputy Head of Compliance:
- Conduct and coordinate compliance monitoring for the business, including working with Operational Risk and Internal Audit as recommended in EBA guidelines
- Take secondary responsibility for the Compliance oversight and MLRO responsibilities for the Group
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of compliance and banking legislation, and its operation, custom and practice
- Identify the implications of new and impending regulation for the business anti-money laundering, market abuse, data protection and sanction screening
- Assist the HOGC in delivering an effective compliance framework through the development and implementation of appropriate policies, procedures, compliance risk assessment and the Compliance Plan
- Assist with and prepare compliance presentations for the DEPFA Board, Risk Committee and Executive Directors’ Committee
As the Deputy Head of Compliance, you will have strong regulatory knowledge, ideally educated to degree level and LCOI highly desired. You must have the ability to understand and interpret various regulations, policies and procedures. You will have direct AML, financial sanctions, and data protection experience. Essential to have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested in this Deputy Head of Compliance role based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Derek Young on the details provided for more information.