Head of Compliance
Salary €110,000 - €130,000 per annum
Consultant Michael Nolan
Date posted 16 January 2019 2019-01-162019-03-04 financial-services Dublin Dublin IE EUR 110000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An international life insurance firm based in Dublin is looking to hire a Head of Compliance. The Head of Compliance will have three direct reports, be the pre-approved control function for compliance and will report to the CEO.
Reporting into the Chief Executive Officer your key responsibilities will be:
- Assess the Company’s compliance status with all its statutory and regulatory requirements and report the same to the Board and/or relevant sub-committees and management committees
- Oversee the preparation of an annual compliance plan and monitoring programme, which addresses both ongoing compliance risks in the business and new regulatory developments
- Manage the planning, preparation and completion of internal compliance monitoring reviews in line with the compliance plan
- Ensure appropriate compliance monitoring papers are maintained and that any compliance weaknesses are escalated to the management team and / or Board for action
- Coordinate the reporting of the Company’s compliance status with all its statutory and regulatory requirements to the Board, its sub-committees and relevant management committees
- Provide timely and commercially sound guidance and advice to business functions, on regulatory matters (including potential regulatory developments), recommending changes to processes and procedures that will reduce compliance risk and raise operational standards
- Coordinate the operation of relevant procedures for compliance with anti-money laundering regulations
- Ensure suspicious transactions are reported to the Irish Financial Intelligence Unit
- Adhere to the policies and programmes outlined by the Board of Directors and to act within the scope of regulatory requirements, the Group Standards and the strategies set out by the Board
As the Head of Compliance, you will have a Recognised compliance qualification and Third level degree, ideally in a legal or Accountancy discipline. Strong analytical and negotiation skills. Knowledge of Irish & European regulatory requirements. Previous experience in managing a small team of people. Knowledge of Irish tax and life insurance legislation. Understanding of products sold through life assurance markets. Effective time and workload management is essential, overtime may be required to be worked in order to meet deadlines.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Head of Compliance to join a successful organisation based in Dublin.
If you are interested in the Head of Compliance role, please apply today or contact Michael Nolan on the details provided for more information.