Head of Compliance
Consultant Claire Dunwoody
Date posted 28 December 2018 2018-12-282019-02-16 financial-services Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A UK based investment management firm looking to set up in Dublin, regulated under UCITS, AIFM and MiFID is looking to hire a Head of Compliance. An initial UCITS fund of €10 billion and a segregated funds portfolio of €3 billion will be run through Ireland.
Reporting into the Global Head of Risk and Compliance your Key responsibilities are:
- Review, develop and embed the Company’s compliance framework and policies in light of the business developments and Irish regulatory requirements
- Monitor compliance with legal and regulatory requirements applicable to the Company and the Products
- Receive and review reports on compliance issues such as advertent investment restriction breaches, pricing errors and compensation payments to monitor compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements of the Company
- Take responsibility and accountability for regular comprehensive reporting to the Board regarding compliance issues, breaches, pricing errors, complaints compensation payments, operational risk, enterprise and business continuity arrangements, among others
- Advise the Board about the effectiveness of, and any possible enhancements to, the risk management and regulatory compliance framework as part of periodic review by the Board
- Engage and interact with the Company’s other designated persons ("DPs"), as part of the Company’s overall risk management framework
- Ensure Complaints are investigated independently
- Responsible for the Company’s compliance with the financial crime regulatory regime (incl. anti-money laundering/ counter terrorist financing, sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption and fraud)
- Providing the business and the business Risk and Compliance teams with advice and guidance in relation to Irish financial crime requirements
- Implement appropriate measures to ensure that financial crime risk is taken into account in the Company’s day-to-day operation, including in relation to the development of new products; the taking-on of new customers; and changes in its business profile
- Act as member of, and Company’s representative to, various group governance committees as required such as the Risk and Compliance Executive
As the Head of Compliance, you will likely be educated to degree level (or equivalent) or alternatively with a relevant qualification in Compliance. Significant experience working in a compliance role in a financial services firm preferably in investment management. Good knowledge of the Irish financial services regulations and framework. Experience in liaising with the Central Bank of Ireland. Currently be or have previously performed a CBI DP / PCF activity. Experience of managing and delivering on projects/change initiatives. Manages the expectations of multiple stakeholders and delivers appropriate solutions for complex issues.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Head of Compliance to join a successful organisation based in Dublin.
If you are interested in the Head of Compliance role, please apply today or contact Michael Nolan on the details provided for more information.