Data Privacy Counsel
Consultant Morgan Mc Donagh
Date posted 13 December 2018 2018-12-13insurance Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters
A leading insurance company as part of a European division is looking to hire a Data Privacy Counsel to their team based in Dublin.
Key responsibilities of the Data Privacy Counsel:
- Play a key role in managing the data protection compliance programme
- Work collaboratively with counterparts globally and within Ireland, Portugal and Spain to achieve a cohesive approach to Data Protection Review and update the data protection strategy for the company
- Partner with and advise business and project management teams on legal and regulatory
- Evaluate the data protection program and work to continuously improve and minimise risk in the same
- Provide advice to the Business and manage internal investigations of complaints and inquiries from the Data Protection Commissioner
- Manage the processes for privacy impact assessments, privacy by design, data retention, international data transfer management, and third party management
- Advise on potential liability and other legal aspects related to data privacy and data security incidents and supporting the company’s incident response program, including assisting with investigating potential incidents and identifying applicable legal obligations
- Keep up to date on all relevant data protection, industry, and regulatory developments
As the Data Privacy Counsel you will have extensive experience in Data protection/Privacy and will have a good sense of the commerical impact Data protection will have on the business.
If you are interested in the role, please apply today or contact Morgan McDonagh via the contact details below.