Head of Compliance
Consultant Michael Nolan
Date posted 05 October 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A global reinsurance company based in Dublin is looking to hire a head of compliance (PCF 12).
Reporting into the Chief Risk Officer your key responsibilities are:
- Maintain and update the compliance charter, compliance policies & annual compliance plan
- Managing the relationship with the CBI
- Maintain a lean, efficient and effective compliance framework
- Oversee a fit for purpose compliance monitoring programme, which will provide assurance to the board regarding compliance with relevant requirements (e.g. CBI corporate governance requirements, Solvency II and GDPR)
- Maintain a comprehensive breach framework, coordinate breach reporting and present to the operational council and risk committee
- Responsible for maintaining risk control templates relative to compliance and outsourcing
- Subject matter expert with responsibility for analysing and coordinating the implementation of regulatory and legislative requirements and group guidelines
- Manage compliance communications and deliver training to ensure employees are kept abreast of regulatory and legislative developments as required
- Subject matter expert for corporate governance and Solvency II governance requirements
- Maintain compliance with general data protection regulations and domestic privacy laws
- Active involvement in all legal matters affecting the company
- Responsible for all aspects of people management in relation to the existing compliance team including objective setting, day-to-day management and performance appraisal
As the Head of Compliance, you will have a recognised compliance qualification and third level degree, ideally in a legal or accountancy discipline. You will have 5+ years’ experience within a large financial institution or professional practice (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be comfortable delivering and interacting with senior staff across a multi-jurisdictional business with ability to interpret legal and regulatory requirements and report as needed. As the Head of Compliance, you should have a solid understanding of compliance obligations and experience of dealing with regulators. Understanding/prior experience of reinsurance business would be an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Head of Compliance to join a successful organisation based in Dublin
If you are interested in the Head of Compliance role, please apply today or contact Michael Nolan on the details provided for more information.