Head of Compliance
Consultant Claire Dunwoody
Date posted 27 July 2018 2018-07-272018-09-24 financial-services Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A brand new, senior level appointment has arisen in a global reinsurer. Reporting to the Group Compliance Officer and playing a key role in an established team, the Head of Compliance will play an integral part of the company.
Key responsibilities of head of compliance:
- Managing the Dublin compliance team
- Acting as main point of contact for the Central Bank of Ireland and liaising with other regulatory authorities as applicable
- Overseeing the Compliance Framework to ensure a strong compliance culture across the business
- Responsible for the compliance activities of two regulated entities in Ireland
- Implementation, maintenance and delivery of compliance and regulatory activities
- Implementing risk based compliance initiatives to develop and enhance the compliance and regulatory framework
- Providing correct and timely assessment of compliance issues and giving customer focussed and solution orientated advice
- Continuously monitoring compliance with statutory obligations
- Promoting a strong compliance risk based culture
- Liaising with risk management to enforce a strong second line of defence
- Preparation of compliance reports for quarterly Committee/Board meetings
- Liaising with the Group Compliance Officer to ensure Group and entity activities are aligned
- Overseeing strategic projects to include new regulatory requirements ensuring appropriate and timely identification, assessment and implementation
As the Head of Compliance you will have Pre-Approved Control Function Head of Compliance (PCF 12) in insurance and or/reinsurance, international / cross-jurisdictional experience and exposure is preferred. You will have a 10+ years’ compliance experience with excellent research and analytical skills (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have strong stakeholder management experience and superb communication skills, along with proven leadership and people management skills. You will have an in-depth working knowledge of project management, a deep understanding of conduct and regulatory risk with a can do attitude and flexible/personable approach.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Head of Compliance to join a successful organisation based in Dublin.
If you are interested in the head of compliance role, please apply today or contact Claire Dunwoody on the details provided for more information.