Director, Financial Services Regulatory & Compliance
Consultant Claire Dunwoody
Date posted 30 May 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A global law firm based in Dublin wishes to hire a director, financial services regulatory & compliance.
Key responsibilities as follows:
- Advise clients on all operational aspects of regulatory matters including capital requirements, client, assets, compliance frameworks, policy documents, anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing/financial sanctions, Solvency II and data protection
- Review and analyse upcoming legislative developments, both at a European and Irish level and determine impact on clients' businesses
- Manage internal compliance for the Dublin law firm, including on-boarding clients and managing existing customer due diligence
- Lead and manage a team of compliance professionals
- Lead business development and new initiatives within the team
- Speak at conferences on regulatory developments and other client related topics
- Possess an ability to identify revenue opportunities with new legal regulatory developments
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work on own initiative within a challenging and dynamic work environment
As director, financial services regulatory & compliance, you will be a qualified regulatory practitioner/lawyer or accountant and hold a relevant 3rd level degree (with a law degree being an advantage). You will have 6+ years' experience working in regulatory compliance with outstanding communication (both spoken and written) and interpersonal skills (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). Previous experience as a Head of Compliance would also be an advantage.
If you are interested in the director, financial services regulatory & compliance role, please apply today or contact Claire Dunwoody on the details provided for more information.