AML Compliance Officer
Consultant Derek Young
Date posted 23 May 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A market leading European law firm in Belfast is seeking to appoint a AML Compliance Officer to join their professional and highly supportive team. This role will be working with part of a team with other Compliance Officers and Solicitors. There are both permanent and contract roles available with an attractive compensation package.
Key responsibilities of the AML Compliance Officer:
- Reviewing and approving new Clients, where acceptable AML due diligence has been provided
- Determining the nature and level of due diligence required in order to comply with Anti-Money Laundering Regulations and undertaking client due diligence (where required)
- Providing advice to fee earners and secretaries on Anti-Money Laundering and other general client inception queries
- Conducting Enhanced Due Diligence monitoring and research
- Consulting with the MLRO and deputy MLROs on CDD issues and high-risk approvals
- Assisting the team in answering various ad hoc queries that come into the AML Team inbox
As the AML Compliance Officer you will have relevant AML/Risk or Legal experience working in a law firm or professional services. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, must have a keen attention to detail, and have the ability to exercise judgement and make informed and practical decisions.
If you are interested in the AML compliance officer role based in Belfast, please apply today or contact Derek Young on the details provided for more information.