Country Compliance Officer
Salary €70,000 - €90,000 per annum + Competitive
Consultant Derek Young
Date posted 13 April 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A Global financial services firm is seeking to hire a Compliance Officer to join their growing team based in Dublin. As a second line of defence, the Compliance Officer’s responsibility is to ensure that front line units own and manage all types of risks inherent in their respective business and support functions, with Compliance providing effective challenge and oversight of risks. Looking for candidates with International Banking, Equities and Fixed Income experience.
Core responsibilities of the Compliance Officer:
- The role would entail the development of effective working relationships with relevant business persons and engaging with them to understand strategy and direction and independently advise those persons on how to deliver that strategy while effectively managing the Compliance Risk Management Program
- Global interaction – The role requires interaction with compliance officers based in other locations and, through them, interaction with their business partners when the need arises. Working relationships with compliance officers dealing with other businesses should be developed, and relationships with relevant support functions should also be formed
- The role would also involve attendance and participation in relevant governance forums providing advice and, where necessary, challenge, and providing clarity on firm’s regulatory and, in the future, exchange obligations
- Regulatory change and policy work - The role requires an understanding of the Irish, European and global regulatory framework that applies to the Dublin based equities businesses. It also requires input into regulatory change processes to ensure that regulatory changes are effectively embedded, assistance with relevant policy and procedure development and training, and ensuring that, where necessary, aspects of regulatory change are reflected in firm’s Surveillance, Monitoring and Testing routines
- Regulatory interaction – The role would require, from time to time, interaction with various regulators and, in the future, exchanges. This would include reacting to enquiries, escalation of certain issues, and preparing for regulatory visits and reviews
As the Compliance Officer you will have preferably 8-10 years’ experience in a Compliance/Risk/Audit function within an international banking or investment firm. University degree or other closely related professional qualification required (ACOI/LCOI). You must have the ability to understand and interpret various Irish laws, rules and regulations.
If you are interested in this Compliance Officer role based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Derek Young on the details provided for more information.