Consultant Derek Young
Date posted 07 March 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A global financial services firm is seeking to hire a Compliance Officer to join their growing team based in Dublin. You will monitor and report on compliance risks for the legal entities of their Irish branch. You will assist in maintaining an internal control framework to protect the firm against risks which may include regulatory sanctions, financial loss and reputational damage.
Key responsibilities of the compliance officer:
- Assist with developing, implementing and executing monitoring programmes across both regulated entities; and drive and perform tests based on such programmes
- Develop and implement scope documents, key operating procedures and summary reports related to monitoring programmes in line with industry best practice
- Monitor all regulatory reporting requirements and advise the business accordingly. Maintain solid working relationships with Advisory Compliance, Operations, and other control groups throughout the region
- Conduct in depth consultative risk based reviews of specific compliance topics
- Remain current on relevant industry rules, regulations and best practices to help ensure that the examination program meets regulatory standards
- Work on special projects and targeted reviews, as necessary
As the Compliance Officer you will have 5+ years' experience within a compliance, audit or regulatory background with strong knowledge of the Irish fund’s industry and related regulatory environment in Ireland (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have a university degree or other closely related professional qualification required. You must have the ability to understand and interpret various laws, regulations, and policies.
If you are interested in this compliance officer role based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Derek Young on the details provided for more information.