Contract type: FULL_TIME
Salary: €75,000 - €90,000 per annum
Consultant: Eamonn Phillips
Job reference: 51005463/001
Date posted: 07 February 2024rest-of-ireland banking-financial-services/capital-markets 2024-02-07 2024-04-07 banking Dublin Dublin IE EUR 75000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
I am working with a leading-edge financial institution who are looking to hire a Senior Financial Accountant who will become a member of the Finance team and has responsibility and duties pertaining to the maintenance and management of accounting records, accounting operations, internal and external financial reporting as well as providing assistance to the Financial Controller, CFO and other members of the team. The Senior Financial Accountant reports directly to the Financial Controller.
• Responsible for preparation of month-end financial accounting general ledger close process.
• Responsible for timely and complete general ledger and system reconciliations.
• Ensuring the timely preparation of accurate month end management accounts and reports.
• Analysis of monthly variances and investigation of material trends in Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
• Participate in evaluation of processes, recommend, and implement process improvements.
• Taking lead in preparation of annual financial statements under IFRS.
• Providing support with external and internal audit queries.
• Provide ad hoc financial analysis for senior management, Committees, and the Board.
• Assess the accounting measurement, classification and disclosure impacts of new products and businesses.
• Ensuring timely VAT return filings, and other tax compliance procedures.
• Assist with annual and 3-year budgeting and forecasting.
• Active partnering with company and group stakeholders.
• Support other finance team members.
• Assist with ad-hoc queries from financial controller or CFO.
• 4+ year PQE experience in Financial Services Industry, banking preferably.
• Member of an accredited Accountancy body (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CMA).
• High attention to detail and strong analytically skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• An effective team player able to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
• High proficiency in MS Office: strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills and knowledge.
• Experience creating Financial Statements and Financial Reporting.
• Positive attitude and a willingness to learn, ability to work and act successfully on own initiative, organised.
If you would like to work for a massive member of the FS world - reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join our global team of creative thinkers, problem solvers and game changers. We offer accelerated career progression, a dynamic culture and expert training.