Head of Internal Audit
Location Dublin WestFULL_TIME
Consultant Ronan Farrelly
Date posted 29 October 20192019-10-29 2019-12-28 accountancy Dublin West Dublin IE EUR 125000 135000 135000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
FTSE 250 Healthcare Company are looking to recruit a Head of Internl Audit to head up aninternational team based in 3 countries.
• Ensure that the Internal Audit function and team continues to develop in its strategic role within UDG Healthcare.
• Lead the Internal Audit team and assist them in achieving their own objectives and plans and thereby ensuring the overall performance of the function.
• Evaluate the risk exposure relating to achievement of the UDG Healthcare’s strategic objectives.
• Monitor and evaluate the governance processes and evaluate the effectiveness of the Group’s risk management processes.
• Submit a comprehensive Internal Audit Plan for review and approval to senior management and to the Audit Committee.
• Oversee the execution of audits and similar work within the Internal Audit Plan and ensure that the work is of the highest level and in conformance with the Institute of Internal Audit standards.
• Report periodically on Internal Audit’s purpose, authority, responsibility, and performance relative to the Internal Audit Plan.
• Report significant risk exposures and control issues, including fraud risks, governance issues, and other matters needed or requested by the Audit Committee.
• Evaluate specific operations at the request of the Audit Committee or senior management, as appropriate.
Competencies and Background
• Experience of active participation in, and contribution to, Executive Committees within a similar corporate environment.
• Experience of attending, presenting and contributing at Board and Board Committee level within a plc / large corporate environment.
• Demonstrable leadership and management skills.
Ideally Big 4 trained