Consultant Conor Synnott
Date posted 15 February 2019 2019-02-152019-04-16 accountancy Dublin Dublin IE EUR 50000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie
A well-known organisation within the banking industry who are based in Dublin, are seeking an internal auditor to join their team.
Key responsibilities of the internal auditor:
- Plan and execute internal audits across business units within the bank within agreed deadlines
- Completion of audit work papers to required professional standard
- As part of audit assignments, ensuring compliance with external laws/ regulations and internal policies
- Working with internal audit colleagues from Dublin and international offices on audits, including IT audit colleagues on integrated IT and Business audits
- Discuss and agree issues arising from audits with senior management. Provide practical/ cost effective suggestions to the business on how issues can be resolved
- Write internal audit reports to a high-quality standard to ensure clear messages and conclusions to the board and audit committee
- Follow up with the business to ensure audit recommendations are closed within agreed timeframes
- Provide an advisory service with regard to internal controls/ procedures, regulatory and organisational questions, as required
As the internal auditor, you will be a qualified accountant and/or hold a third level qualification in a related discipline, with 4+ years post qualification experience (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will have previous experience working in internal or external audit with knowledge of capital markets/treasury products, credit, compliance and operations being an advantage.
If you are interested in this internal auditor position based in Dublin, please apply today or contact Conor Synnott on the details provided for more information.