Salary €70,000 - €80,000 per annum
Location Dublin SouthFULL_TIME
Consultant Victoria Robinson
Date posted 09 September 20192019-09-09 2019-11-08 building-and-construction Dublin South Dublin IE EUR 70000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Working closely with a well established and highly experienced Group Finance function, this role will be responsible for implementing and maintaining new accounting standards as well as heavy involvement in adhoc projects - analysing operational and financial information and providing decision options to Group Management.
- Support the Group and Business Unit finance teams by leading the Group’s response to the introduction of new accounting standards and changes to existing standards;
- Leading the Group’s IFRS 16 implementation and reporting, including statutory and monthly reporting;
- Input into forecasts and budgets to include the impact of relevant accounting standards and ensuring that Group accounting policies are up to date.
- Play a key role in preparing the Financial Statements that form part the Group’s Annual Reports.
- Act as liaison between Group Finance and the external auditor and other professional advisors in relation to the application of IFRS and adoption of new standards.
- Working with colleagues in responding to any questions raised on the Group’s Annual Report by IAASA, the accounting regulator.
- Be proficient and comfortable in accounting technical research and interpretation across IFRS and multiple GAAPs.
- Provide accounting and regulatory training, updates and guidance to colleagues
- Advise on technical accounting issues related to acquisitions, changes in the Group structure and corporate developments
- Other projects as agreed from time to time with the Group Investment Appraisal and Projects Manager/Group Financial Controller.
Experience, People Skills / Qualities and Other Skills:
The successful individual will be a graduate, ACA qualified (or equivalent accountancy qualification) with at least four/five years’ experience in a technical role in a Big 4, listed company or equivalent environment.
Technical expertise and experience in the interpretation and application of IFRS (including IFRS 16, IFRS 15, IFRS 9, IFRS 2 and IAS 19).
Ability to lead in all technical finance matters and continually align the finance function with emerging standards.
Ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, auditors and regulators.
Any experience in a range of other disciplines e.g. corporate finance, regulatory reporting, taxation and treasury would be viewed positively.
An understanding of the consolidation of Group accounts in a multi-business unit/multiple currency environment would be a distinct advantage although this is not a pre-requisite of the role.
Energetic and positive with an upbeat attitude - a good sense of humour and positive outlook is a must
A dedicated professional, committed to delivering superior service through having an open disposition and a willingness to engage, learn and develop.
High standard of written and verbal English. Able to communicate complex issues in a simple and accessible way at all levels within a large international organisation and with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Strong intellect with excellent attention to detail.
An instinctive team player who recognises the benefits of working in a collaborative environment.
Willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team and the wider Group.
Consistent performance under pressure while remaining calm and self-assured.
A self-confident and decisive personality.
A natural networker with presence and gravitas to build and nurture relationships.
Willingness to travel as the business has operations based in Ireland, the UK and the Netherlands and ambitions to expand into other geographies.
IT and Analytical Skills
Advanced Microsoft Office Skills is essential – in particular Excel (e.g. IndexMatch, Pivot Tables, Macros etc.) and PowerPoint.
Must have strong numerical skills and be comfortable preparing, analysing and critiquing data.
Disciplined, organised, detailed, fast thinking and focused on quality work.