Group Finance Supervisor
Salary €60,000 - €65,000 per annum
Consultant Hannah Breen
Date posted 25 October 2018 2018-10-252018-12-23 banking Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie
Are you a qualified accountant currently looking for a new opportunity? A leading Insurance company in Dublin is currently seeking a Group Finance Supervisor to join their team!
Responsibilities of the Group Finance Supervisor:
- Lead in the production of interim and full year consolidated results and annual report including:
- Develop and maintenance of reporting templates in line with relevant technical and business requirements
- Review of subsidiary financial accounts to under the key business drivers for the quarter in order to under and challenge the business on their analytical review and provide complete business analysis to Senior management
- Consolidation of subsidiary accounts into Group accounts including preparing consolidation journals, eliminations and intragroup reconciliations
- Preparation of statutory financial statements (IFRS) including supporting statutory notes and disclosures
- Assist in preparation of other regulatory reporting obligations including preparation of supporting statutory notes and disclosures
- Managing ongoing relationships with other group functions
- Assist in the coordination of embedding of IFRS in the financial reporting and systems of the subsidiary businesses
- Support the design and maintenance of a Group compliance and internal controls framework encompassing the development and maintenance of an Accounting manual, reporting templates and instructions for all subsidiary businesses
- Lead and assist in the improvement of the financial reporting process in particular to support growing statutory and regulatory disclosure requirements e.g. IFRS 17/9 and continuing pressure on reporting deadlines
- Lead the development of various projects to enhance and develop the consolidation process
Requirements of the Group Finance Supervisor:
- Qualified accountant ACA, ACCA, CIMA with some experience in both financial and management accounting areas
- Financial services and in particular insurance experience is crucial
- Strong IFRS knowledge is essential, US GAAP and other European GAAP knowledge would be an advantage.
- Consolidation experience would be an advantage
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.) with a strong appreciation of financial systems (e.g. general ledger) with SunSystems and / or SAP would be an advantage
- Highly motivated self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to work under pressure, achieve targets and meet strict deadlines and to develop and manage projects
This is an excellent opportunity for a Group Finance Supervisor - Insurance to join a successful organisation based in Dublin.
If you are interested in the Group Finance Supervisor - Insurance please apply today or contact Hannah Breen on the details provided for more information.