Head of Finance
Consultant Andy Hollens
Date posted 16 July 20192019-07-16 2019-09-14 insurance Dublin Dublin IE EUR 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our client, a global Re Insurance provider based in Central Dublin, are looking to hire a new Head of Finance for their well-established business.
Key responsibilities of the Head of Finance role include:
- Ensure that the company has a strong control environment with well documented procedures and processes.
- Responsible for providing assurance to the CEO and the Board that the company is compliant with all relevant regulation, SII, accounting standards (FRS) and guidelines.
- Ensure that the day to day finance operations are functioning efficiently and effectively and highlighting areas of improvement.
- Ensuring all tax obligations are filed accurately and on-time.
- Meeting all financial reporting and group reporting deadlines.
- Deliver insightful business analysis to the senior management to allow informed and effective decision making.
- Drive the financial planning process for the company and preparing of updated forecast positions as the company grows.
As the Head of Finance you will be a qualified accountant, with 7+ years accounting experience in an insurance environment (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role), as well as experience preparing board reports, analysing data, assisting strategic decisions and preparing/reviewing SII QRTs.