Location Dublin SouthFULL_TIME
Consultant Matthew Whyte
Date posted 13 March 2019 2019-03-132019-05-12 accountancy Dublin South Dublin IE EUR 70000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie
A well-established organisation in the construction industry are seeking to hire a financial controller to join their office located in Dublin South.
Key responsibilities of the financial controller:
- Manage day to day finance and accounts operations. Handle and oversee full spectrum of financial and cost accounting functions
- Maintenance and management of company asset base including fixed assets, leased assets, cash management
- Responsible for the weekly/monthly/quarterly accounts and preparation of reporting packs
- Ensure effective and robust site financial controls are in place to minimise risk in conjunction with the CEO & COO
- Compile annual returns, monthly management accounts, external reporting, tax compliance (VAT, RCT, RTD, PAYE), and managing the audit process
- Company Insurance required for projects, credit, and normal business transactions
- Act as cover for Payroll if required
- Preparation of year-end financial statements, ensuring compliance with Accounting Standards, management of the yearly audit process and ensuring completion of any and all relevant statutory requirements
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the Chief Operation Manager in analysing margins, variances and cost analysis
- Identify areas of weakness and develop and deliver on projects to improve the financial efficiency of the company
As the financial controller, you will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, CPA, ACA, ACCA) with 3+ years’ post qualification experience (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will possess strong leadership skills and be a great team player. You will have excellent IT skills, in particular, Microsoft Office and ERP systems proficiency, with ABM being advantageous. You will be extremely motivated with numerical and analytical skills.
If you are interested in this financial controller position based in Dublin South, please apply today or contact Matthew Whyte on the details provided for more information.