Group Accounting Manager
Consultant Katie O'Malley
Date posted 21 November 2018 2018-11-212019-01-20 accountancy Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Are you a Group Accounting Manager looking for a new position in a global pharmacutical company? This position will work closely with the Group accounting team to provide technical accounting leadership to the wider group finance teams and senior leadership teams. This role supports the wider finance team in ensuring compliance with increasing US GAAP, IFRS and other regulatory requirements for the Group and support continuous improvement in policies and procedures across the accounting/financial reporting group processes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with the group accounting team to ensure external reporting to stock exchange reporting obligations under both US GAAP and IFRS are best in class
- Provide accounting and regulatory guidance (both US GAAP & IFRS) to internal customers and stakeholders on key accounting issues impacting the business
- Proficient in operating in and leading a strong SOX control environment, and providing guidance and direction to the wider group finance team for continuous improvement
- Research and analyze the potential impact of new business proposals, transactions, accounting trends, concepts, principles and regulations to determine actual and/or potential impact
- Collaborate with internal customers and stakeholders to develop & continually improve processes & systems for both external and internal financial reporting
- Driving project related activity on acquisitions, changes in group structure and providing ad hoc accounting technical and commercial support across the wider finance teams
- An experienced high performing ACA, ACCA with minimum 7 years PQE
- Fully conversant with accounting standards across multiple GAAPs.