Assistant Financial Controller
Consultant Colin McDonnell
Date posted 11 July 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading manufacturing company based in Dublin / Cavan is seeking to hire a Assistant Financial Controller.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Financial Controller include:
Assist in the provision of clean financial results – P&L & BS
- Ensure proper financial control across the businesses
- Meet all reporting deadlines, ensuring all entries have relevant backup and controls in place. Ensure monthly reconciliation files are reviewed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure proper segregation of duties across the businesses, implementing mitigating strategy where necessary
- Identify and implement continuous improvement
- Remain up to date on technical accounting changes and implement these changes into the R2R processes
- Participate in projects to facilitate standardisation of processes across Ireland / Europe
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are in place and operating effectively to mitigate any risk or financial loss or misstatement
As the assistant financial controller you will be a qualified accountant with ACA / ACCA / CIMA with a minimum of 1 year PQE (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will also have general and wide experience in Finance, IFRS, internal control, process and best practice expertise. Various GAAP including US GAAP and IFRS is advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Financial Controller to join a successful company based in Dublin / Cavan. If you are someone who has strong Microsoft Excel Skills, and is capable of working under pressure, we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in the Assistant Financial Controller role, please apply today or contact Colin McDonnell on the details provided for more information. Please include your telephone number on your application so we can contact you in a timely manner.