Cost and Inventory Accountant
Salary €75,000 - €85,000 per annum
Consultant Ronan Farrelly
Date posted 25 September 20192019-09-25 2019-11-24 accountancy Dublin Dublin IE EUR 75000 85000 85000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A world leading Pharmaceutical Multinational headquartered on the southside of Dublin is looking to hire an experienced Inventory Accounting Manager to work alongside the Associate Director, Inventory Management.
This role is responsible for supporting the Associate Director, Inventory Management in maintaining accountability and central oversight for global inventory balances and transactions. Responsibilities include; analysis, inventory reconciliation and control procedures for inventory. Due to the involvement of multiple stakeholders in the organization, this position also requires significant collaboration, communication skills and strong business partnering as these are essential to identify and convey pertinent information between Supply Operations and Business Unit Finance stakeholders.
- Monthly operations review, including providing financial data and analysis related to key financial metrics.
- Critically evaluate processes, implementing revised processes and procedures to help improve the efficiency of the organization.
- Inventory analysis for consolidated inventory across the group.
- Forecasting inventory as a portion of working capital.
- Forecasting and communication of PPV/Production variance and inventory reserves to the business.
- Manage month-end financial close process for inventory etc, including account reconciliations and ensuring that financial statements are in compliance with US GAAP.
- Oversight of EVL inventory reconciliations with external and internal CMOs.
- Oversight and execution of all Inventory-related SOX controls.
- Recording all supply-related royalty payments to partners.
- 8+ years of work experience in finance, accounting or auditing (previous business-based Finance or public accounting experience a plus).
- ACA and/or ACCA qualified.
- Proficient with SAP and/or Hyperion (or similar ERP systems).
- Must possess a solid understanding of US GAAP.