Fixed Assets Accountant - Qualified
Salary €50,000 - €55,000 per annum
Consultant Conor Nugent
Date posted 24 October 20192019-10-24 2019-12-23 accountancy Dublin Dublin Dublin (M50) IE EUR 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading global sports retailer who are in the process of expanding into the Irish market. Committed to innovation and social responsibility, our client is seeking a fixed asset accountant with a similar mind set.
A leading global sports retailer who are in the process of expanding into the Irish market. Committed to innovation and social responsibility, our client is seeking a fixed asset accountant with a similar mind set.This expansion will encompass both a significant retail presence and a European purchase centre. The fixed asset accountant position is responsible for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
Create and monitor a system of controls, procedures, and forms for the recording of fixed assets.
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation.
- Investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets.
- Conduct periodic impairment reviews for intangible assets.
- Recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries.