Salary €55,000 - €65,000 per annum + Bonus, Stock options, Health Insurance
Location Dublin SouthFULL_TIME
Consultant Victoria Robinson
Date posted 11 July 20192019-07-11 2019-09-09 it Dublin South Dublin IE EUR 55000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.ie https://www.robertwalters.ie/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Based in south county Dublin and with revenue exceeding €1B, this large US multi-national Technology Services company is seeking to add to its Finance and Accounting function by hiring a strong Accountant II. If you have prior experience in GL and month end close - this role would be well suited to you.
The role of the Accountant II will be primarily focused on:
- Month end close and general ledger activity including preparation of journal entries.
- Travel & expense reporting including Purchase Order Accruals, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, VAT, Treasury, Cash Applications and Revenue Support
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Preparation of multi-currency bank reconciliations
Calculation, posting and analysis of monthly accruals and prepayments, ensuring that all items are accurately captured
Preparation of monthly financial reports, ensuring they are completed in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
Support international revenue cycle including billing, cash collections, aged debt review, VAT compliance, revenue recognition.
Follow month end close calendar tasks and a timely manner
Assist in the automation of month end tasks including testing of new processes
Process ownership – take ownership for assigned process across International organisation
Regional ownership – take ownership for liaising with the business on countries within your remit, owning and analysing the related P&L and Balance Sheet
Adherence to and appropriate documentation of SOX and Other internal controls
Liaising with auditors and accounting firm on yearly audits
Ability to liaise across different functions, including payroll and AP, ensuring service excellence across the team whether internal or outsourced. Will be required to lead/partner in cross-functional projects as necessary
What we're looking for:
- Prior experience with month end close and GL Accounting is highly desirable.
- Large (multi-national) company exposure would be preferable
- Ability to speak multiple language would be advantageous but not required
- Good working knowledge of VAT
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to present Financials
- Highly proficient with Excel and Analysis
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and local statutory accounting principles
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Qualified Accountants required - CIMA/ACA/ACCA