Salary €50,000 - €55,000 per year
Consultant Mark Leigh
Date posted 09 March 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading professional services company based in Dublin is seeking to hire a Financial Accountant. You will be a key member of the reporting team, ensuring the delivery of high quality financial reports to tight deadlines.
Key responsibilities of the financial accountant include:
Preparation of the trial balance and financial statements for a varied portfolio of Irish incorporated securitisation SPVs, aircraft leasing SPVs and CLO SPVs, in line with transactional and statutory deadlines
- Accounting for lease rentals, lease payments, interest calculations, maintenance reserves and expenses for aircraft leasing transactions and the equivalent accounting entries for CLO and other securitisation transactions
- Beginning to end responsibility for the preparation of annual financial statements under IFRS or local GAAP including active involvement in both audit preparation and delivery
- Frequent set up of new clients through researching and understanding the transaction, designing the general ledger, assessing the applicable accounting treatment, booking the opening accounting entries and drafting the initial financial statements
- Liaising directly with the auditors, the legal advisors, the client and the SPV Directors to ensure successful completion of the financial statements
- Completion of routine monthly and quarterly management accounts for a portfolio of SPVs
- Liaising with the tax advisors and others in relation to VAT and corporation tax compliance. Completion of VAT and CT returns and preparation of iXBRL tagged financial statements
- Preparation and filing of quarterly regulatory returns to Central Bank of Ireland on a timely basis
As the financial accountant you will be a newly qualified accountant with ACA / ACCA with 3+ years' PQE (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will also have experience in a relevant auditing/accounting role with a Top 10 accounting firm, or in an aviation leasing or financial services company. Strong technical accounting knowledge is advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join a successful company based in Dublin. If you are someone who has strong MS Office Skills, and is capable of working in a team environment, we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in the Financial Accountant role, please apply today or contact Mark Leigh on the details provided for more information. Please include your telephone number on your application so we can contact you in a timely manner.