Senior Regulatory Reporting Accountant
Location Dublin City Centre
Consultant Andrew Murphy
Date posted 01 December 2016
A leading corporate bank based in Dublin City Centre is seeking to hire a senior regulatory reporting accountant for their small and growing team.
Responsibilities of the senior regulatory reporting accountant:
- Ensure that daily, monthly and quarterly prudential returns are compiled in a controlled environment
- Document procedures and processes associated with the compilation of returns
- Identify and document risks and mitigation controls with regard to regulatory reporting processes
- Testing of new or upgraded systems and software
- Work with lines of business and functional teams to improve quality of data capture
- Assist with investigating queries from Regulators, external auditors, internal audit etc.
- Prepare, review and/or verify accuracy of variances
- Understand all the products types and their associated accounting treatment
- Assist the Regulatory Reporting Controller with Bank strategic initiatives e.g. regulatory treatment of new products, capital forecasting
As the senior regulatory reporting accountant you will be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified accountant (or overseas equivalent). You will have knowledge of a wide range of financial products and technical expertise in regulatory reporting processes. You will have the ability to thoroughly read legislation/regulatory guidance and summarise into “plain English”. You will have demonstrated capacity for working with minimal direction to deliver desired results. Knowledge of IFRS is desirable.
This is an excellent permanent opportunity for a senior regulatory reporting accountant to join a well established bank based in Dublin City Centre. You will be expected to strive for the highest reporting standards under current and future legislation and guidelines. This organisation is growing in terms of new business and products and this role offers a great opportunity for an ambitious person to further their experience within financial services.
If you are interested in the senior regulatory reporting accountant, please apply today or contact Andrew Murphy on the details provided for more information.