Head of Technical Accounting
Salary €125,000 - €150,000 per year
Location Dublin City Centre
Consultant Andrew Murphy
Date posted 05 July 2018Level 3 Custom House Plaza 2, IFSC Dublin 1 Robert Walters Ireland
A leading Insurance company based in Dublin is seeking to hire a Head of Technical Accounting.
Responsibilities of the Head of Technical Accounting include:
Research, analyse and conclude on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards
- Set-up, chair and run the company-wide technical accounting policy committee
- Design, create and maintain a comprehensive company accounting policies manual
- Record, evaluate and document technical accounting implications of complex or non-standard business transactions working collaboratively across the company
- Prepare memorandums, papers and presentation regarding the company position and impact on the revenue stream and balance sheet positions
- Guide subsidiaries in the application of the company accounting policies including review of their position papers
You will have the relevant industry qualification (ACA / ACCA / CIMA with 10+ years PQE (this level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role). You will also have experience working directly or auditing in a financial services environment, with extensive experience of technical insurance and reinsurance accounting. Advanced knowledge of IFRS with knowledge other GAAPs particularly US GAAP is advantageous.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Head of Technical Accounting to join a successful company based in Dublin City Centre. If you are someone who has strong accounting policy knowledge and enjoys a fast paced environment, we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in the Head of Technical Accounting role, please apply today or contact Andrew Murphy on the details provided for more information. Please include your telephone number on your application so we can contact you in a timely manner.